Do you feel up to taking an OpenStack Cloud with 4,000 CPUs, 35 TB of RAM, and 800 TB of storage to the next level? Then we have just the thing for you.
As a Systems Engineer at SysEleven, you will develop and operate an OpenStack Public Cloud together with an engaged and passionate team. We work hard — efficiently and effectively — to reach and keep a high technical level to beat our challenges. The special something about our cloud is that it is fully standards compliant. We convince our customers with our ability and not through vendor lock-in. We stay on top of the latest technologies by working and constantly training ourselves in many different areas of expertise, including at international conferences.
You bring along...
- Design, operation, and development of our OpenStack Cloud Platform
- Automation of all levels, from bare metal to app operations
- Keep track of operations through monitoring, alerts, and trending
- Evaluation and implementation of software and hardware, such as SDN, SDS, and OpenStack components like Designate or Kolla
- Years of experience in the operation of distributed systems with Linux
- Experience with monitoring and trending, such as with Prometheus and Grafana
- Configuration management, such as with Ansible
- Nerves of steel to handle critical situations and to objectively find and solve problems.
- Bonus for experience with Software-Defined Storage (SDS) and/or Software-Defined Networking (SDN), such as Open vSwitch, CEPH
- Bonus for experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
What SysEleven offers you...
A young technology like OpenStack needs motivated systems engineers. An open source toolkit can only be built into scalable and customized solutions with the needed passion. In the SysEleven CloudStackers team, a spirit of open curiosity and team support are the highest priorities. With tools like Consul and Ansible, we create a high level of automation for everyday tasks. This is so that we can create a friendly and constructive atmosphere and gain valuable time for more interesting things like architecture, new features, and product design. At events like the OpenStack Summit in Boston or EuroPython in Rimini, the team builds know-how through conversations with the community and brings back the latest trends to the main office in Berlin.
Besides the important basics like team cohesion, maté, good coffee, a varied diet, and flexible working hours, you can rely on us to continuously work on developing ourselves. That means, on the one hand, that constructive criticism bypassing hierarchies is expressly wished for — because we live by the maxim that we meet one another at eye level and the better argument wins! On the other hand, we only work to develop our organization as quickly as each of us is able individually, and we therefore support one another with retraining, conferences, internal know-how exchanges, and more – everything to help you to successfully fulfill your mission at SysEleven and to develop yourself personally and professionally.
We have a lot of very clever people, so we are not afraid to seek competent advice from experts. That means you can take responsibility for your ideas, implement them, and make a difference. Making mistakes is expressly allowed!
You want more information about this job?
Then get in touch with me! I will connect you to the right team colleagues for a first contact.
Tel.: +49 (0)30/233 2012 27